Since I have picked (yes, it's been a while) and have driven on those tires for almost 8 months now, it's probably time to tell you my choice.
I choose the father-like type at Commercial Tires, and I'll tell you why.
1) He seemed to try to fit my tire to my lifestyle. He asked how long I'd had the car and checked the mileage. He knew that I had only put about 70,000 miles on a car that I've owned for almost 10 years, so I really didn't need a 60K warranty. He also asked about what type of driving I did and found out that while we take a few road trips, it was mainly highway driving. The worst conditions I drive through are usually Boise in January - which is why I wanted All Season tires.
2) I felt very comfortable with him. He asked the right type of questions and answered mine without talking down to me or treating me like I'm stupid.
3) He didn't try to sell me the most expensive version of what I needed. He showed me the tire he felt I should buy and then flat out told me that it would be completely worthless for me to buy the highest end.
4) He had the professional moves down. He checked the tires and the mileage. He showed me the tires he thought would be best and printed off bids that included disposal costs and taxes. I knew exactly what it was going to cost me, right down to the penny, before I left. They were also having a promotion of buy three get one free, so he told me how long that would last and about what the cost would be if I waited until that promotion was over.
5) He worked around me. Typically they don't do appointments, it's more of a "first come, first served" atmosphere. When I had made my decision and called to get it set up, I explained that I had a 2 hour window from the time of dropping off my kids until I needed to be home. It was either that or bring them with me. (*shudders* don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but being caught with them in a 10' x 10' waiting room for an hour or so... well, it's not a pretty thought) They told me that although they don't make appointments, as long as they didn't get hit hard they'd have everything ready for me at 9 am. When I got there, they were ready for me and got my car right in. I was home in plenty of time to pick up kids!
In short, I was very happy with my tire buying experience at Commercial Tire. The tires have worked fine and did well during our winter season too.